ASU Fast Facts
- Founded: 1928
- President: Dr. Brian J. May
- Affiliation: Texas Tech University System
- Location: San Angelo
- Colors: Blue and Gold
- Mascot: Rams and Rambelles
- Students: 9,601
- Faculty: 441
Angelo State University is a dynamic learning community located in the heart of West Texas. Ranked by The Princeton Review as one of the nation’s “Best Colleges” every year since 2010, ASU offers over 100 majors and concentrations through our six colleges:
- Archer College of Health and Human Services
- College of Arts and Humanities
- College of Business
- College of Education
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- College of Science and Engineering
Points of Pride
Hispanic Serving Institution
ASU has been designated a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) by the U.S. Department of Education since 2010. Resulting federal HSI grants have totaled more than $8 million for ASU.
ASU has been designated a “Military Friendly School” by G.I. Jobs magazine every year since 2010.
ASU’s Carr Academic Scholarship Program is funded by one of the largest endowments at a U.S. regional university. It provides scholarships for one in every three ASU students and has awarded more than $87 million to students since its inception in 1981.