Thank you for your service to our country and for your interest in Angelo State. We look forward to you joining us, whether it be on campus or online!
ASU offers more than 100 majors and concentrations that lead to undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees, including several online programs. The university has also established the Kay Bailey Hutchison Center for Security Studies, which oversees degree programs designed with specific interests for military students.
ASU accepts many Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) degrees via the Air University-Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC).
The AU-ABC program provides enhanced educational opportunities for our enlisted force. AU-ABC links airmen who have completed CCAF associate degrees to “military friendly” baccalaureate programs.
ASU offers the following AU-ABC degree plans and accepts any CCAF associate degrees toward the following:
ASU accepts the CCAF associate degree in criminal justice toward the following:
Apply to ASU
Complete and submit the Undergraduate Admission Application and pay the $35 application fee online.
AU-ABC program applicants only: When applying online through ApplyTexas, you will need to fill out your profile information first.
- Under My Applications, you will select “Create a New Application Now.”
- Click on “Create a New 4 Year University Admissions Application.”
- Select Angelo State University as your target university.
- Under application type, you will select “Transfer, U.S.”
- Select the semester that you want to start.
- Under first school choice, you need to select “AU-ABC program.” You can leave the second school choice blank.
For more information regarding admission procedures, please visit the ASU Admissions website.
Mail official transcripts from all colleges attended to the Office of Admissions at:
Angelo State University
Office of Admissions
ASU Station #11014
San Angelo, TX 76909-1014
Once admitted, please follow the steps for admitted students to set up your access accounts, find out information about New Student Orientation, apply for financial aid, etc.
Find your advisor by visiting the Advising homepage.
Register for Classes
Access RamPort, the university’s information portal, using your user name and password sent to you at the time of acceptance. To register for courses, please follow the instructions for how to Register through RamPort.
If you have trouble accessing your account, contact ITSupport@angelo.edu or 325-942-2911.
Apply for Tuition Assistance
- If you are currently stationed in Texas, fill out the Active Duty/Military Dependent Certification Form and submit it to the Registrars Office. This will allow you to receive in-state tuition rates.
- If you are seeking veterans benefits, fill out the Request for Certification of Enrollment and contact email@example.com.
- If you are using Military Tuition Assistance, please fill out necessary paperwork through your branch of the military. For questions about Tuition Assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition Assistance and Financial Aid
Tuition Assistance (TA)
Tuition Assistance (TA) is an option if you plan to attend school while on active duty. View the Registration Checklist if you are planning on using TA at ASU.
For more information regarding TA, please visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website.
TA Scholarship Information
ASU offers Tuition Assistance Scholarships to active duty military members who submit a valid and current Tuition Assistance (TA) Form to cover courses at ASU. The scholarship will cover the difference between total TA and other gift aid* benefits and the actual cost of tuition and fees.
Contact the VETS Center for more information.
*Gift aid includes grants and scholarships other than the Tuition Assistance Scholarship. All gift aid shall be used to reduce the cost of tuition and fees for approved courses after TA funds have been applied. If a balance is due after the application of TA funds and all other gift aid, we will cover the remaining balance with Tuition Assistance Scholarship funds to reduce the balance to zero. If a student has sufficient gift aid to cover all amounts due after the application of TA, Tuition Assistance Scholarship funds will not be applied.
We encourage all students to apply for financial aid. Even though you receive Tuition Assistance or other military benefits, you may also qualify for financial aid.
Over 300 scholarships are available for ASU students through the Office of Scholarship Programs.
College Credit for Heroes
In May 2013, ASU was selected to be a partner institution in the College Credit for Heroes program administered by the Texas Workforce Commission.