Government Documents and Maps
Documents in the Spotlight
In honor of Veteran’s Day, this month’s featured Government Documents highlight service provided by different branches of the United States Military during different eras in American History.
The First 109 Minutes: 9/11 and the U.S. Air Force by Pricilla D. Jones
An informative piece on the events of September 11, 2001 and the response of the U.S. Air Force in defending U.S. airspace.
The Last Full Measure of Devotion: ARSOF fallen from the War on Terrorism, 2001-2014
A biography of US Army Special Operations Forces.
War in the Shallows: U.S. Navy Coastal and Riverine Warfare in Vietnam, 1965-1968 by John Darrell Sherwood
An authoritative account of the U.S. Navy’s hard-fought battle along Vietnam’s rivers and coastline from 1965-1968.
The United States Marine Corps in the World War by Major Edwin N. McClellan, USMC
An account of the activities of the 4th Brigade of Marines, 2d Division of Regulars and the Day Wing, Northern Bombing Group as part of the American Expeditionary Forces during a series of campaigns in France during World War I.
- United States Government Information
- Texas Government Information
- Maps, Aerial Photographs, & Satellite Images
- Statistics & Data for Topics in Government Information
- Guides to Special Topics from Government Documents
- FDsys (Federal Digital System) (GPO’s official system of record)
- Catalog of U.S. Government Publications (GPO’s online catalog)
- TRAIL: Texas Records and Information Locator
- Documents in the Spotlight (archives)
- Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP)
- More Information About Government Documents and Maps
Government Documents and Maps are part of the Reference Department of the Porter Henderson Library. The Collections are housed in a newly-remodeled corner of the Basement. The Library has been a selective depository for the Federal Depository Library Program since 1964 and a member of the Texas State Publications Depository Program since 1963. Budget cuts to the Texas State Library & Archives during the 2011 Legislative session, however, effectively ended the state publication program in July, 2011.
If you have questions regarding government publications or other government information, please contact Kim Wirth, Coordinator of Information Literacy/Research Librarian, at 325-486-6527, or Kimberly.Wirth@angelo.edu