Registration Assistants for New Student Orientation
Work during New Student Orientation (NSO) to help incoming freshman register for the fall semester. Registration Assistants will attend one required training session to help them understand the registration process. During NSO, Registration Assistants will help new students register for classes using Angelo State’s online course registration system. In particular, Registration Assistants will help ensure new students register for GS 1181 and for all other classes their advisors recommend.
Skills: Knowledge of Angelo State’s web registration process and understanding of Schedule Builder.
Eligibility: You must be either an undergraduate or graduate student at Angelo State. Students can be currently enrolled (summer 1 or 2) or be enrolled for fall 2016. (You can work the registration periods if you are not enrolled in summer school.) Students currently employed on campus are eligible to work assuming the hours below will not push them over 20 hours per week.
Required Training Session:
Monday, May 15, 11:00a.m. – 12:30p.m. You must attend this training session to be eligible to work NSO. If you would like to work but can’t attend at this date and time, contact Erin Girsch at email@example.com
Required New Student Orientation Dates:
Friday, May 19: 3 hours in the afternoon
Thursday, June 8: 3 hours in the afternoon
Friday, June 9: 3 hours in the afternoon
Thursday, June 29: 3 hours in the afternoon
Friday, June 30: 3 hours in the afternoon
Saturday, July 15: 3 hours in the afternoon
Go to the Freshman College Student Employment Application page (http://www.angelo.edu/content/forms/259-freshman-college-student-employment-application) to complete the application.
- Choose Peer Mentor from the drop down menu.
- Provide all the relevant information. If you are unsure of your GPA in your major, you can provide an estimate.
- Don’t worry if you have or have not received a letter about work study.
- For Course Information, write Registration Assistant as the course for which you will provide peer mentoring.
- List two faculty references but you do not need reference letters. We reserve the right to contact the faculty members you list if we have questions.