Graduate Assistant (Cheer Program)
The graduate assistant reports directly to the Head Cheer Coach and is responsible for assisting with the administration of the ASU Cheer program.
- Complete tasks assigned by the Head Cheer Coach.
- Assist the Head Cheer Coach with the day to day operations associated with the ASU Cheer program: this includes but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, assigning, monitoring, and evaluating personnel; assist with various in-service and risk management programs; attend and possibly conduct staff meetings; developing and administering schedules; recommend purchasing and inventory of equipment; attending and developing student programs; assisting cheerleaders or mascots members as needed; and assisting with the administration of the budget
- Assist with coordinating cheerleading and mascot tryouts; organize and supervise game performances; recruit new team members; choreograph routines; instruct mascots on new routines; oversee the mascots during performances and provide constructive criticism designed to improve performance; complete cheerleader and mascot evaluations each semester to increase the quality of spirit programs.
- Accompany/drive cheerleaders and mascots to out-of-town games and oversee them during the trip; ensure the completion of insurance and waivers for the cheerleaders and mascots; work with the Student Life office to assist with making travel arrangements for the cheerleaders and mascots, including lodging, meals, transportation, drivers, and chaperones, if needed
- Compile inventory reports each long semester; monitor the use of equipment and store properly when not in use
- Assist with all departmental special events
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred someone who has experience working with cheerleading or mascot programs. Enrolled in the ASU Student Development & Leadership program.
Summer Position - 17.5 hrs/wk
Complete an application and bring by the Center for Student Involvement in the UC Garden Level.