Contest Rules and Regulations
The #AngeloEpic Instagram contest begins at 12:01 a.m. (Central Time) Friday, Aug. 21, 2015, and concludes at 3 p.m. (Central Time) Friday, Sept. 11, 2015.
All entries must be submitted by the contest deadline. Late entries will not be considered.
- The contest is open to all full- or part-time undergraduate or graduate students.
- The contest is not open to ASU faculty, staff or administration officials.
- Individual students may enter as many Instagram photo or video entries as they would like.
How to Enter
- Take your photo(s) or video and post it on Instagram with the hashtag #AngeloEpic.
- To be eligible for additional prizes, also include one of our optional theme hashtags:
- Post your entries before 3 p.m. Friday, Sept. 11, 2015.
- Tell your friends! We want as much student participation as possible.
How to Win
Contest winners will be contacted via Instagram Direct. The contest sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact the selected winners.
Overall Contest Winner
A grand prize-winner will be selected by a panel of judges. All photos entered with the contest hashtag #AngeloEpic will be considered.
A panel of judges will select one winner for each optional contest theme. Judges will consider all photos with the #AngeloEpic hashtag and one of the optional theme hashtags.
Images can only be entered with one optional theme. If entries contain multiple optional themes, they will only be considered for the larger grand prize.
All Instagram users can vote for weekly contest winners. Based on when your photo is posted, these are the deadlines for accumulating votes:
|Week||Photo Posted||Voting Deadline|
|Week 1||12:01 a.m. Aug. 21-3 p.m. Aug. 28||3 p.m. Sept. 4|
|Week 2||3:01 p.m. Aug. 28-3 p.m. Sept. 4||3 p.m. Sept. 11|
|Week 3||3:01 p.m. Sept. 4-3 p.m. Sept. 11||3 p.m. Sept. 18|
All entries must be original, unpublished, and created solely by the submitting entrant(s) and not violate the intellectual property rights, copyright, or right of property of any third party. Copyrighted materials will not be accepted unless specific permission for the use of such material can be shown.
Contest managers will review all photos/videos with the contest hashtags, and if any are deemed inappropriate, they will be declared ineligible and will not be considered for weekly, theme or grand prizes.
Angelo State University reserves the right, at its discretion, to disqualify anyone found:
- Tampering with the entry process, the operation of the contest or the website promoting the contest
- Acting in violation of the Rules and Regulations
- Acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person
- In violation of student conduct requirements as outlined in the ASU Student Handbook
Caution: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operations of the giveaway is in violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law.
Personal information attached to entrants’ Instagram accounts will be used by Angelo State University to contact winners and will not be used for any other purpose.