Engineering Vision and Mission
This diverse family of students, staff and faculty is professionally and culturally engaged with our regional community. We will be recognized as one of the premier undergraduate engineering programs in Texas, cultivating and graduating practice-ready engineers.
The David L. Hirschfeld Department of Engineering will:
- Employ effective learning-centered teaching that incorporates the changing paradigm of engineering education.
- Maintain a theoretically-grounded, practice-focused curriculum, which integrates global issues and sustainable concepts in engineering design.
- Engage our regional community to enhance science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) opportunities.
- Provide faculty and students opportunities for interdisciplinary scholarly work.
- Support and celebrate students’ unique interests and creativity.