Project Spring Break
Project Spring Break provides ASU students with a service opportunity as a substitute to the conventional spring break. A select group of students spend their spring break volunteering in New Orleans on various projects, such as disaster relief, home reconstruction, environmental conservation, etc.
This trip also includes a day of sightseeing. Participants are immersed in the culture and able to learn about the devastation that occurred during Hurricane Katrina.
Project Spring Break applications for 2017 will be available in November. Interested students should complete the application and turn it in to the CSI (located in the Garden Level of the University Center). Applications will be reviewed and interviews will be scheduled.
- 2010: Home Restoration—HandsOn New Orleans
- 2011: Home Restoration—United Church of Christ Disaster
- 2012: Neighborhood Surveying, Lawn Care, School Building
- 2013: Community Garden, Neighborhood Lawn Care—Lower Ninth Ward Village
- 2014: Demolition, Restoration—Lower Ninth Ward Village
- 2015: Home Restoration, Community Garden Project, Demolition—United Saints Recovery Project
- 2016: Community Garden, Home Restoration—United Saints