Known Blackboard Issues
LockDown Browser Update
LockDown Browser has released an update to fix multiple bugs that have been occurring. Students will need to do the following:
- Log into the LockDown Browser
- Click on the ‘i’ button at the top of the screen
- Click on “Get Newer Version”
- Click on “Get Update”
- PC Users should be using version 1.0.6.02 of LockDown Browser.
Students may also call the IT Service Center at 325-942-2911 or eLearning at 325-486-6263 for assistance in upgrading.
My Calendar Module
The My Calendar module does not appear on the Home Page for my course. I did not find the My Calendar module in the module list.
The My Calendar Module is no longer available for the course Home Page. However, students and faculty may still access the calendar.
To grant access to the calendar to students in a course:
- Go to the course you want to add the calendar tool in.
- Click on the plus icon above the navigation menu and select Tool Link.
- Name the course and select calendar in the drop down menu.
- Don’t forget to select available to users.
Students can how access the calendar inside the course.
In addition, the calendar is always available in the My Blackboard Global Navigation view (see below).
YouTube Mashup Tool
The YouTube Mashup Tool does not allow new videos to be added. Error states device not supported.
- Log into youtube.com, select the video you want to add.
- Copy the url
- Go back to the editor on Bb environment
- Click on Insert/Edit Embedded media
- Paste the url into the File/URL
- Change Type to Embedded Audio